Temporary employment or consultancy six months with possibility to prolongation or permanent position
Hand in Hand Sweden is a non-governmental organisation. Together with our partner organisations, our vision is to eradicate poverty. We work with entrepreneurship as an effective and sustainable way of fighting poverty. Where others see poverty, Hand in Hand sees grassroots entrepreneurs, full of energy and potential. We work primarily with women and young people, because we know that’s how we can make the most difference.
Hand is Hand Sweden is aiming at growing over the coming five years. One key component of this strategy is to expand our relationships with and funding from institutional donors. We are therefore investing in our program development and proposal writing capacity, to help us increase our resource mobilisation.
As the Program Funding Coordinator, your key duties and responsibilities are to:
- Expand the organization’s success rate in fundraising from institutional (governmental) donors and large foundations
- Lead the proposal development process from concept through to submission, coordinating inputs from internal and external partners, drafting technical and organisational inputs, and liaising with funders
- Proactively identify new opportunities and funding sources
- Liaise with partner organisations to understand their funding needs and priorities
- Manage relationships with existing donors, inputting into engagement strategies, communicating with donors regularly
- Develop routines and processes for identifying funding opportunities, designing projects, and developing proposals, as well as building the competencies of our partner organisations in these areas.
We are looking for someone with the following functional competencies:
- Demonstrable track record of writing successful large (> 5 MSEK) proposals to different types of donors (governments, foundations, trusts);
- High familiarity with standard proposal and project management tools such as logframes, workplans, and risk matrices, and comfortable with developing budgets;
- Understanding of proposal management, including prospecting, project design and proposal writing;
- Familiarity with large institutional donors, such as Sida, European Union or the UN, with experience of building relationships with grant-giving staff;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with ability to establish, build and maintain effective working relationships with staff and partners, across cultures and different working environments;
- High attention to detail and an ability to effectively prioritise between competing deadlines and objectives;
- Strong communication skills (both written and oral) in English; Swedish is a plus.
- A minimum of three years’ experience working with an international or local NGO in a similar capacity;
- A university degree preferably in international development, economics, social sciences or a related field. A Master’s Degree will be an advantage.
The following will be an advantage:
- A general familiarity with monitoring and evaluation as it links to implementing successful development projects;
- Specific knowledge within one or several of Hand in Hand’s focus areas: livelihoods, women’s economic empowerment, market development, rural development, agriculture, human rights, climate change adaptation;
- Experience from working with development programs in the Global South.
This is a 60 -100% position. It is temporary, starting mid-August 2020 until mid-February, 2021. Our ambition is to either permanent the position or to prolong the temporary employment.
Hand in Hand Sweden’s office is located centrally in Stockholm, near Östermalmstorg. Our 20-strong team specialises in fundraising, communications, program management, monitoring and evaluation and donor relations. This position will be based within the Program Team, which works closely with all our Hand in Hand network partners, currently based in India, Kenya, Zimbabwe, and the UK. The Project Funding Coordinator reports to the Head of Programs.
Do you share our vision and mission? Are you passionate about women’s economic empowerment, and want to help more people lift themselves out of poverty? Please send your CV and personal letter outlining how you meet the job criteria and why you want to work with Hand in Hand Sweden to firstname.lastname@example.org, using Program Funding Coordinator in the subject line. The deadline for application is 31st of May. Applications will be reviewed on an on-going basis.
For general inquiries, please contact: email@example.com
Hand in Hand Sweden is party to Arbetsgivaralliansen’s collective agreement. For inquiries relevant to the local union club (Unionen), please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org