We are looking for a Program Officer with special focus on our activities in Zimbabwe to join our energetic and agile program team. Full-time permanent position at Hand in Hand Sweden.
Hand in Hand Sweden is a non-governmental organisation with the vision to eradicate poverty. Together with our partner organisations we work with entrepreneurship as an effective and sustainable way of fighting poverty. Where others see poverty, Hand in Hand sees grassroots entrepreneurs, full of energy and potential. We work primarily with women and young people, because we know that’s how we can make the most difference.
Our 20-person strong team work actively in fundraising, communications, program development and management, monitoring and evaluation and donor relations. Our field partner organisations employ approximately 3,000 persons. Our office is located in central Stockholm.
We are now looking for a Program Officer with special focus on our activities in Zimbabwe to join our energetic and agile program team. The team works closely with all our Hand in Hand staff and network partners, currently based in India, Kenya, Zimbabwe, and the UK. The Project Officer reports to the Head of Programs.
As the Program Officer, your key duties and responsibilities are to:
- Contribute to the overall development of our programs;
- Manage, implement and develop Hand in Hand Sweden’s cooperation with our partner organisations, with a special focus on Hand in Hand Zimbabwe;
- In dialogue with partner organisations, manage, implement and develop the project and program cycles, from project design through to implementation, monitoring and evaluation;
- Manage and develop partnerships with key donors including identifying funding opportunities, reporting and ensuring compliance;
- Together with colleagues and partners, develop collaboration and design projects and programs ideas and support resource mobilisation from existing and new institutional donors;
- Support the communication and fund-raising teams with content from project and programs;
- Follow the international development agenda, monitor and contribute to the debate on development issues in the Swedish civil society sector.
We are looking for someone with the following functional competencies:
- A minimum of three years’ experience working with an international or local NGO in a similar capacity;
- Basic knowledge in standard proposal and project management tools such as budgets, logframes, workplans, and risk matrices;
- Basic knowledge within one or several of Hand in Hand’s focus areas: livelihoods, women’s economic empowerment, market development, rural development, agriculture, human rights, climate change adaptation;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with ability to establish, build and maintain effective working relationships with staff and partners, across cultures and different working environments;
- High attention to detail and an ability to effectively prioritise between competing deadlines and objectives;
- Strong communication skills (both written and oral) in English; Swedish is a plus.
- A university degree preferably in international development, economics, social sciences or a related field.
- A positive attitude and an energetic team player
The following will be an advantage:
- Field experience from southern Africa
- Familiarity with large institutional donors, such as Sida, EU or the UN, with experience of writing or contributing to successful large proposals to different types of donors (governments, foundations, trusts);
- A general familiarity with monitoring and evaluation as it links to implementing successful development outcomes and projects;
- Experience from working with development programs in the Global South.
Please send your CV and personal letter outlining how you meet the job criteria and why you want to work with Hand in Hand Sweden to firstname.lastname@example.org, using Program Officer in the subject line.
The deadline for application is September 30. Applications will be reviewed on an on-going basis.
For general inquiries, please contact: email@example.com