We are looking for an Institutional Fund-Raising Manager to join our energetic and agile program team.
Hand in Hand delivers concrete results through hands-on support to grass root entrepreneurship. Since 2003, we have helped 3 million women launch small businesses that stand the test of time. The majority of our grass root entrepreneurs run micro-enterprises in the informal, rural economy in Kenya, Tanzania, Zimbabwe, Afghanistan and India. Hand in Hand’s results so far:
- 3 million new and improved enterprises
- 5 million new and improved jobs
- 30% increase in income
- 99% of women with more freedom and influence at home
- 95% of families with savings to see them through a crisis
Our 20-person strong team in the Stockholm office works actively in fundraising, communications, program development, grant management and M&E. Hand is Hand Sweden is aiming at growing over the coming years. Therefore we aim at expanding our relationships with and funding from institutional donors such as bilateral donors, foundations and trusts. We are now looking for an Institutional Fund-Raising Manager to join our energetic and agile program team. The team works closely with all our Hand in Hand staff and network partners, currently based in India, Kenya, Zimbabwe, Tanzania, Afghanistan and the UK.
Key duties and responsibilities are to:
- Expand the organization’s success rate in fundraising from institutional donors;
- Initiate and lead the proposal development process from concept through to submission, coordinating inputs from internal and external partners, drafting technical and organisational inputs, and liaising with funders;
- Proactively identify and contact new opportunities and funding sources;
- Manage relationships with existing donors, inputting into engagement strategies, communicating with donors regularly;
- Develop routines and processes for identifying funding opportunities, designing projects, and developing proposals, as well as building the competencies of our partner organisations in these areas.
We are looking for someone with the following functional competencies:
Demonstrable track record of writing successful large (> 5 MSEK) proposals to different types of institutional donors;
Familiarity with large institutional donors, such as Sida, other European Official Aid Agencies, European Union or the UN, with experience of building relationships with grant-giving staff;
High familiarity with standard proposal and project management tools such as logframes, work plans, and risk matrices, and comfortable with developing budgets;
Understanding of proposal management, including prospecting, project design and proposal writing;
Excellent interpersonal skills, with ability to establish, build and maintain effective working relationships with staff and partners, across cultures and different working environments;
High attention to detail and an ability to effectively prioritise between competing deadlines and objectives;
Strong communication skills (both written and oral) in Swedish and English
A minimum of three years’ experience working with an international or local NGO in a similar capacity;
A university degree in a relevant academic field
A positive attitude and an energetic team player
The following will be an advantage:
A general familiarity with monitoring and evaluation;
Specific knowledge within one or several of Hand in Hand’s focus areas: livelihoods, women’s economic empowerment, market development, rural development, agriculture, human rights, climate change adaptation;
Experience from working with development programs in the Global South.
This is a full-time position starting asap.
The Institutional Fund-raising Manager reports to the Head of Programs.