Hand in Hand delivers concrete results through hands-on support to grassroot entrepreneurship. Since 2003, we have helped 3 million women launch small businesses that stand the test of time. The majority of our grassroot entrepreneurs run micro-enterprises in the informal, rural economy in Kenya, Tanzania, Zimbabwe, Afghanistan and India. Hand in Hand’s results so far:
- 3 million new and improved enterprises
- 5 million new and improved jobs
- 30% increase in income
- 99% of women with more freedom and influence at home
- 95% of families with savings to see them through a crisis
Our 20-person strong team in the Stockholm office works actively in fundraising, communications, program development, grant management and M&E. The Programme Team is looking for a Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Manager who will:
- Together with MEAL colleagues in the Hand in Hand network ensure quality and pertinence in MEAL policy and practice across Hand in Hand’s global programmes
- Ensure robust MEAL strategies, systems, processes, skills and tools are in place in projects, programmes and country teams and help improve these when required
- Support the design and implementation of internal and external MEAL efforts within country portfolios, from baselines to relevant logframes to external evaluations, ensuring coherence and quality assurance. This includes support on ToRs, advice on quantitative and qualitative evaluation methods and tools, procurement of evaluations, review of reports and organising effective learning events.
- Lead on analysis of programme design, quality, results and impact, articulating key learning and recommendations for current and future programming in Hand in Hand as well as for other actors working for inclusive economic empowerment in the informal sector.
- Capture and document project and programme results using engaging communication formats that convey key results and impact to a variety of audiences, including entrepreneurs, local governments and donors
Are you interested in joining a dynamic, diverse team in Stockholm and have:
- Deep know-how of best practices within the MEAL field and ability to travel to provide hands-on support. Desirable: knowledge of livelihoods and Sida’s M&E frameworks
- of 5 years practical experience of working in a MEAL role inside a development organization. Desirable: hands-on MEAL experience from one or more of our thematics: rural livelihoods, TVET & entrepreneurship, poverty alleviation, gender and environment & climate
- Fluency in tracking progress against targets, indicators and goals, using ToC, logframes, quantitative and qualitative data, reports and financials and capturing results in engaging oral and written work. English a must, Swedish desirable.
- Good knowledge of quantitative and qualitative evaluation methods, proven ability to design evaluation tools, with advanced knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Data Collection & Management Software
- Experience of building and evolving Knowledge Management within an organisation
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with ability to establish, build and maintain effective working relations
- A Bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in a relevant field
Interested? Submit your application consisting of CV and personal letter to email@example.com by August 10, 2021 latest – please write MEAL in subject headline. We will process applications on a rolling basis so you may hear from us before then.